Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thing #22 - Animoto




I joined Animoto and easily created my video "Pirates Read!" (actually it's about teachers this time) using pictures of teachers and staff with their favorite book or books. I was pleasantly surprised about how easy it was to follow the Animoto steps and create my masterpiece. Then I experienced great troubles trying to either embed it in or blog it to my lesson. Later, I decided that the network must have been having some problems because when I came home, I did it with no problem.

I think that this program will be of value for librarians to highlight various library activities and it can be imbedded right on your library web page. I'm looking forward to using it with our library web page. It should be a valuable tool for teachers who want another research assignment to take the place of the dreaded paper.

5 comments:

mmw said...

Can't wait to hear students' reactions to your video when you get it posted!

Anna said...

I had trouble embedding my animoto as well. I kept getting an error message. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Sandy E. said...

I've decided that many of the troubles I've had with these lessons is the network because like I said, I didn't have the same problems when I did them from home.

happylibrarian said...

I thought your animoto video was cute! I wish we could use it at school! Very frustrating! It would be so cmuch fun to put these short videos on our websites!

Ms. Mc.'s Message said...

This was so much fun! I can see al kinds of uses for animoto. Kids could use animoto to complete a unit of study. If they were studying a historical period They could collect pictures related to that time period or event & uplad to animoto & them they could search itunes for a fitting song. I think you could get some really meaningful projects.