Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing #21 - Podcasts: no iPod needed

I really like the idea of podcasts for assignments and book reviews. It's great that you don't need an iPod to hear them, but have the option of hearing them online. Once again, I am thinking about Pirates Read! Lou and I want to learn how to make podcasts so we cal let the students make podcasts to add to our Books and Learning page. This will hopefully be a good way to generate interest in reading. I searched PodcastAlley.com and Yahoo Podcasts and found several book review series. I added YA Bookcast to my Bloglines account and am lookikng forward to finding new books for the library through it. (However, Bloglines says that I have subscribed to Ya Bookcast, but I can't find it listed anywhere. Can you help?)I also think that podcasting can be a great alternate assignment to a research paper. Now if we can just learn how to pull it off and actually do the technical parts to get these podcasts online and then we can help teachers accomplish it too if they want to use a new kind of assignment.

2 comments:

mmw said...

These are all excellent ideas! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sandy E. said...

Now I just have to find the time to accomplish all these goals. I must get better at scheduling my time. The deadline really helped, even though I probably complained about it at times.