Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thing #19 - Go with the flow

I created an account in Bubbl.us to set up a mind map for the same staff development program. I didn't find it as easy to use as Gliffy, but I liked several of its features. It is nice to be able to change the color of the bubbles, but I will need to work with it more to make it a useful tool. I was unable to figure out how to blog it and I didn't find a web location so that I could add a link to this commentary. I was wishing for the tutorial like the one that Gliffy had. If it's there I didn't find it. I was able to download a jpeg to my computer so I am able to print a copy of the map to use in the staff development. I think I will enjoy it once I figure out all its techniques.

Gliffy is a fairly easy flow chart to use and it uses a cross platform between the various types of computers which is good when you are collaborating with others while making it together. The tutorial shows you how to use the various buttons that are available. Unless you pay, you can only develop 5 public documents. I did have trouble bloging my creation here, but the links for various types are good to use in a blog. I liked the web page view to show to friends on the web and the small image can be downloaded and then uploaded to your blog and the large image can hopefully be printed if you need a handout in a meeting (it doesn't look very good on my computer screen). I created a flow chart to explain our presentation during the next staff development day on campus. I like the drag and drop options for creating points on the chart, and the ease in publishing since all forms of the document are saved and the urls given to copy and paste.

No comments: