Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing #20 - You too can YouTube

I was really impressed with the A Librarian's 2.0 Mainfesto and the Did You Know 2.0 YouTube videos. They both offer thought provoking ideas on the new library of the 21st century. I did not find any that impressed me quite as much, but I found several that gave me some ideas of using YouTube in our library. The DPS Library Orientation is a great idea for Freshmen orientation each fall in the library and the music from Enya appeals to me. One could be developed in our library giving students information that they need to use the Poteet library. Two other examples of using videos for library publicity (another great idea) are Sesame Street - At Your Library and Wizard of Oz - A Tale of Library Circulation. Just for fun, I searched Mesquite, Texas, and found lots of videos from around here. My favoriet was Mesquite Country Christmas added just 3 weeks ago.

The Adventures of Super Librarian speaks to all librarians as we zip around the library doing all the many jobs that fall to us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the Super Librarian on YouTube too. I posted it on my blog too!

Sandy E. said...

Don't you feel just like that on some days? I just wish I could wear the outfit. Maybe just the cape?

happylibrarian said...

I loved this! I would love to start producing videos as long as I didn't have to be in them! I want to take advantage of our student talent and do something fun. (thanks again for being my online mentor!)

Sandy E. said...

It would be great to produce videos from the library. I will need a class because I don't do too well without some instruction.