Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thing #9 - Finding Feeds

The Edublog's Award Winners was the easiest to use. I found one that I thought would be particularly helpful in the Best Librarian's Blog category: Hey Jude. Also Techno Tuesday that I had already subscribed to was on the list. I also liked to use the Google Blog Search which is like the search engine easy to search. The one I had the most trouble searching was Technorati, but I liked the second by second posting of new posts coming in. Topix.net had Mesquite news at the top and that is a nice local feature. The Syndic8.com podcast library had some interesting sounding episodes on the list. Feedster is changing and will be back soon with exciting news. On Blogline's Search Tool, the National Geographic News was blocked by MISD so you have to go through the program to get to it. Frankly, I find all this information overwhelming, but I'm sure it is the wave of the future and as a librarian, I'll have to get used to it.

No comments: