Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing #7 Google - not just for searching anymore

I enjoyed searching all the Google options but picked Google Alert and Notebook for my focus. I set a mail alert on the Spirit of Nantucket, the ship we were on this summer. It had run aground in the coastal waterways of Virginia and I wanted to know more about its problems. The alert has sent me several articles that I had not found by regular searching and it's nice to have them just show up in my email without having to search daily for more information. This is a good way to easily keep up with developing news stories.

I set up a Google noteook to spotlight Favorite Books. This is a good way to share information with others on books that I like. I am particularly thinking about sharing them with the members of Pirates Read! the PHS book club. It is a great way to share information of any kind with the group of your choice as well as making it public to share with anyone who might be interested.

I also enjoyed the calendar which is a good way to share activities and invitations with friends, and it was fun to set up my own Google page, adding the things that interest me from the long list of things that can be added to it.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Great use of the Google Notebook. Let us know how the kids in your book club respond to it.