Friday, December 14, 2007

Thing# 11 - Check Out Library Thing

I enjoyed setting up my library from my personal collection of books using Library Thing. Many of the books in my list represent the first book in a series that I collect so if something interests you, try the rest of the series. It was so interesting to see how many others have the same books. My collection ranges from 53 - Blood Red Horse - to over 25,000 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - and many numbers in between. I am planning to use a Library Thing account to spotlight books recommended by members of Pirates Read! and add it to our web page. I found Library Thing is easy to use (not frustrating).

6 comments:

mmw said...

What a great idea to use LibraryThing along with your book club! That might be a prize winner! :-)

Sandy E. said...

Check it out. It's already on our web page under "Books and Reading".

mmw said...

That is very cool - I Love it! Have you had any comments from students about it?

Sandy E. said...

Not yet, but Pirates Read! meets tomorrow and I plan to set up the computer and show them where it is located. I don't think they have found it yet and we haven't had a meeting since I put it on the site.

sharonh said...

Great idea, Sandy! And I see that your link to LibraryThing is an from an online image generator. 'Mind if we borrow your idea??

Sandy E. said...

Go right ahead. It's a good way to get good pictures to use as links.