Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thing #4

The primary thing that I would like to accomplish with a blog is to get the students in Pirates Read to discuss the books we are reading while getting ready for our next meeting. So far, they are mostly only interested in using My Space, an idea that our principal has vetoed. If I could just figure out how to get them to open their minds and consider an alternative blog, I think that it would add an important dimension to the discussion of the books that we read collectively. Also, I would like to use a blog for the students to discuss and vote on future books for the club to read. I like to give them a voice in choosing future reads.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Edublogs is not blocked by the filter. You might check it out.

Sandy E. said...

I have an edublog for the group, but I just can't seem to get most of them to use it. I'll let them know that they can use it at school.